Sunday, October 27, 2013

Some of the Latest

These are a little out of order, but I think as long as we are within the same month we are good. Nate hasn't had to work very many Sundays since we've been out here, but he has been gone the last two. Today he was working at the Marine Corps Marathon.

Just another picture of Nate doing what he does. I think this was half time at a Good Counsel football game. It will be nice when football season is over and we can have him back on Friday nights. Speaking of football, this is the first time in our marriage we have paid to have TV channels that allow us to watch all the BYU and OSU football games. The house we are renting came with a TV in the master bedroom, and we've loved spending some late Friday and Saturday nights watching games in our pajamas.


I was being so good about running most mornings for awhile, but I have stopped. Exercising regularly is a battle for me. On this morning I at least got out and walked.

I had to document these items that Emmy slept with at nap time one day. A large piece of wood, a mini New Testament, and a train whistle. 

The kids had a day off of school recently and we visited a farm/pumpkin patch. EVERYONE else had the same idea, so it was very crowded, but it was a large enough place that it was still really fun.

I "lost" Jansen there for the longest amount of time any of my children have been lost. Like I said, there were a lot of people. He had wandered off to another activity, and I couldn't find him for awhile. Most of me knew that he was not hurt or kidnapped, but you can't help but start to panic. I also had no idea how to proceed if I still couldn't find him after awhile. It's not like Disneyland where they have a system in place for these types of problems. Luckily I eventually spotted him. I was pretty angry. Unfortunately for my kids, I get angry when I am scared.


Recently I had felt like the playroom was smelling funky, but I didn't think too much of it because that room has always smelled weird, ever since we moved in. We also have a few big plastic bouncy toys that have a strange smell. I finally came across the real culprit though when I found these beauties in the pretend kitchen. Moldy and rotten tomatoes.

A typical evening at our house is Nate getting his dinner from the fridge when he gets home and bringing it upstairs to eat while we get the kids ready for bed. On this night the poor guy tripped on the steps and dinner went flying. You can even see the butter on the wall where it detached from the cornbread. 

We had pack meeting on Saturday, and the boys launched paper rockets they had created at Scouts.

Jansen's rocket won the award for "most elemental." He has been flying it around the house all weekend.

2 comments:

Jaime Lynne said...

Gorgeous pumpkin patch. You're a long way from Las Vegas! :) Lots of fun pictures here. You always inspire me to be better at capturing the day-to-day of our lives. Thank you for that!!

Kami said...

Fun! Love seeing and reading about your adventures!