Saturday, June 29, 2013

Hawaii Day 4

This was our last day in Hawaii. This beautiful rocky shoreline and a tidepool called Queen's Bath were just a few minutes drive from our room. We wanted to find a spot to do some beginner snorkeling. 

 I will just tell you right now that Nate and I have awesome tan lines. We are both outside a lot, but we are not in our swimsuits a lot. So go ahead and gaze on the beauty that is my farmer's tan. At this point I think I was still trying to get up the nerve to snorkel. We both ended up doing a little snorkeling in that pool behind me.


I was googling a little about this place (after the trip) and apparently it's actually considered quite dangerous because of the unpredictable waves. SEE! Sometimes my worrying is justified! I was always worried Nate was going to drown or something on this trip.

Cutest little turtle in all the land.



Kilauea Lighthouse was our next stop after snorkeling. It's also a National Wildlife Refuge, and Nate loved the birds soaring along the coast.


Next stop was Poipu Beach where we did some more snorkeling. It was like being inside an aquarium, and I fell in love with those pretty fish.

We stopped to see this waterfall before going to catch our flight from Kauai back to Honolulu that night. I can't remember what it was called, but Nate will remember. The rainbows are always my favorite part.

That night we flew back to Honolulu and stayed at the Aqua Wave Waikiki. Apparently it was "Thirsty Thursday," and the city was loud and crowded that night. Very different from what we'd been experiencing earlier in the week, but still fun to see as part of the whole Hawaii experience.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

I loved your pictures from your trip. What a beautiful and amazing trip. You two deserve it! So happy you got to go.