Friday, April 5, 2013

Spring Break

Knowing it might be my last chance before we move, I decided to head out to Utah with the kids for Spring Break. Emmy spent the morning preparing to go to "Nutah." As she was washing her hands and arms, she told me she was getting ready to go to grandma's. 

Our plan was to leave after school on Friday. The last couple hours of school that day were spent at the Walkathon that the PTO had planned to raise money for assemblies and other activities for the kids. Luckily it wasn't a hot day. Although we did have the most delicious shaved ice you can imagine.

We left on schedule, and for some reason I will never understand, the drive wasn't bad. We only stop once to gas up and use the restroom every time we make the drive. But this is what awaited us in Utah.

Little did I know this also awaited us. I think Emmy was the first to get sick, but I was slow to recognize it because she never has much of an appetite even when she is well, and I figured her diarrhea was from drinking lots of milk. Then one night in the wee hours Natalie came to me telling me her tummy hurt. Luckily I grabbed something to catch the throw up because a few minutes later she needed it. This is how she spent the next day.

There were some really great times as well of course. Kami treated me to lunch and a pedicure for my birthday. It was SO fun to spend a couple hours with her. We met up with the rest of the family and went to a trampoline place that afternoon.

I love my family. My cousins are like sisters. And my mom has a great sense of humor as you can see.

That night Emmy woke up many many times. I had a stomach ache and I thought it might be from all the up and down when I needed to be sleeping. Turns out I caught what Natalie had. It was one of those days that I let the kids eat and watch whatever they wanted all day. I felt so crummy, and I was so sad because we were supposed to be in Salt Lake with family. We had to miss it all. Luckily the sickness was a 12-24 hour thing.

We loved spending time with Addi.

And had a yummy snack at Einstein's one morning. I love that place.

We were so excited to see Amy and Quentin's new sweet little boy Taft. 

More happy moments. :) Family picture in the basement on the love sac.

We drove home Wednesday morning, and the sickness hit Jansen a day or two later. Happy to say we are well now and missing Utah.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And Utah is missing you. Thanks for posting the pictures to conjure up my happy memories.

Tina said...

Sounds like our Christmas trip. We were there for 2 weeks and we were all sick for one full week out of the 2. It was miserable and we missed out on a lot of fun plans. Glad you were able to have some fun though!!

Annie said...

I love your red pants! My spring break was only a sick lily. That's such a bummer you all got sick!

Melinda said...

Ugh, why does sickness always have to creep in when something fun is planned!? We had pink eye during spring break. I'm really sad you had to deal with throw up and diarrhea though. That is worse. :(