Wednesday, April 24, 2013

More San Diego Memories

There are a few more things I want to remember about our San Diego trip. The zoo of course being one of them. It was just 15 minutes away from our hotel, and the weather was absolutely perfect.

I love the reflection of Natalie's face in the glass.

Oh my. This one insisted on pushing the stroller up, down, and everywhere we went. With little concern for fellow zoo-goers of course.

Jansen was our map guy. He got a little frustrated with it at times, but it was a big part of what he liked about being at the zoo.

We spend about 5 1/2 hours at the zoo, and it was the perfect amount of time.

Spaghetti has got to be the most non-kid friendly food there is when it comes to actually eating it. When deciding if I want to order it for my kids, I have to factor in the cost of the food plus the cost of the shirt they  are wearing and will inevitably ruin and stain. It gets everywhere. 

Since we were on a naval base we were able to get some groceries at the Commissary one night, and there was also a food court. We ate there a couple times. 

Nate chased the kids around on the grass one evening. I guess I need to relax because all I could think about was the grass stains Natalie was getting. :)

They opened the pool the last day we were there. We only spent a short time there, but Emmy loved sitting on the edge of the pool with me.

1 comment:

Nathaniel Nye said...

Actually, the kids chased ME around and I dragged Natalie around by her hands. They said they said chasing me was more fun than going to the zoo, so I guess we should have just skipped the zoo and run around on the lawn all day!