Monday, December 31, 2012

Christmas in Salt Lake

Sunday morning we drove to Salt Lake to be with all our family up there. We went to church with Steve and Jody and got to hear the amazing sacrament program that Jody had written and put together. After sacrament meeting, we headed over to Christian and Julie's so the kids could have as much time to play together as possible. Kyle and Jansen got started right away with Beyblades.

And who knows what these two were doing!

Julie got all the supplies for some really fun minute to win it games. In this one, the kids had to get a cookie from their forehead into their mouth without using their hands. I wish I had some pictures of the adults trying!

And THIS is one of the reasons we wanted to come to Utah...to make happy memories with family.


Jansen got UNO for Christmas from Grandpa and Grandma Jody (I think). It was put to use pretty quickly. It's fun to have the kids starting to like games more and learning to be good winners and losers.

We watched some Looney Tunes together as well. It was fun to watch something that had us all laughing.

Christmas Eve we went to Grandma Nye's. I can still remember when Nate and I were dating and he brought me to my first family night. This room in Grandma's house reminds me of our dating years and of when Jansen was a baby. Steve read some scriptures and stories, and we got to catch up with extended family we haven't seen in awhile. We drove back down to Orem that night to sleep at my mom's.

1 comment:

Ryan, Becca, Brinley Boo AND Casen too! said...

Had so much fun catching up on your blog! Looks like a fun Christmas! Natalie sleeping has to be my favorite picture! :)