Tuesday, December 11, 2012

An Oink Oink Here

Dinnertime is pretty much always crazy over here. There's the dinner prep craziness, the get it on everyone's plates before it gets cold craziness, the actual eating craziness, and of course crazy clean up. And apparently it's my responsibility to teach my kids table manners. It's bad enough when they are eating with their hands and licking their plates at home, but then I really panic when we go to someone's house and I see it displayed there too. I saw this idea on a blog where you have a pig that gets passed around at dinner whenever someone uses bad manners. Whoever ends up with it has to clear the table. One night we had a quick lesson about some table manners and then brought the pig out. The first time Natalie got the pig she burst into tears. 

Long story short, the pig is basically Emmy's new toy at the table. The kids love to bring her out and the most common violation is dad talking with his mouth full...usually on purpose so the kids can catch him. Our pig is well fed. Tonight Emmy counted her teats loudly while we ate. I forgot to include that in the "things we don't do at the table" lesson. We have a long way to go with our manners.

5 comments:

kiki comin said...

i'm right with her...i was counting while reading. that is one well endowed pig.:)

Anonymous said...

oh my. my. my. It makes me smile, that is all.

Kent and Leisy said...

that is the ugliest pig I've ever seen.

lexihb said...

This made me laugh, good thing Emmy never met Friskie Faye or else she would have been counting for a loooong time.

Kami said...

Ewww! "Teats!" Love thinking of Natalie bursting in to tears. Haha! Love it! Love the pig and love Emmy feeding it.