Tuesday, July 31, 2012

First Leg of the Trip

We returned last night from a great trip to Boise. Real life jumped right at us, and Jansen had another very painful ear infection all night. I had plans to go to bed early that night to catch up on some much needed sleep; instead I stayed up a good portion of the night with Jansen. I swear that always happens. Just when I REALLY need some rest, something like this comes up. We survived...I got antibiotics for him at midnight (I love being married to a doctor)...and his ear drum eventually ruptured which meant relief and sleep.

And Nate is still at work, 14 hours after getting there this morning, with a laboring patient. He'll likely be there all night. And then has an ER shift from 6 am to 4 pm. Like I said, why hello real life! And we really need milk.

But what a great week we had seeing lots of family. We stopped in Utah on our way up to Idaho, and I got to spend a few minutes with my sweet niece. She and I are both a little strained here, but she loves me a lot if you can't tell.

I like taking pictures of the little places we stop at along the way. Although we really don't take a lot of breaks. It's onward, ever onward in the Nye family.

Pretty Idaho...

The Palmers just barely moved to Boise from Columbus, and we were so excited to get to see them and the Hagbergs before going to Nate's grandparents' house. Audrey and Natalie had a lot of fun in the short time we had. 


The betrothed children. Looks like Jansen has a little growing to do though.

Sigh. I miss my friends. Kara took off before we could a picture of all three of us.

4 comments:

Kent and Leisy said...

is that the wendy's in tremonton?

J & M Squared said...

I have to admit... Sometimes reading your blog is torturous...for my heart. I miss you!

Annie said...

I just wish we could have seen you more! I miss you guys too much. So glad we were able to get together for a bit even during my moving crisis. Love you!

Kami said...

Was that picture of the sky real? That was so pretty! Did you take that with your phone and a filter? Also, love that you're wearing those blue earrings that I got you!