Thursday, December 29, 2011

There's No Business Like Snow Business

We took an afternoon and drove up to Mt Charleston to play in the snow for a little while.

Emmy had chocolate-covered-doesn't-matter-what-since-it's-chocolate-covered on the drive up there. Things were off to a great start!
We had to dig through lots of totes and closets to come up with stuff to wear up there. We figured the kids would last about an hour, and they were loving it from the get go.
I did buy the girls winter coats this year, and I'm always glad when there's a time that they actually need them.
We bought a cheap sled for the occasion, and it ended up being a one-time use sled. It cracked during one of the rides down the hill. 
Emmy wore Jansen's old snow boots that were featured in this blog post.
Still all smiles...
We held Emmy most of the time. That way she stayed warm (happy). She also had a hard time getting around in those boots.

All the girls:
Who know how to have some fun by the way!
I only went down the hill a handful of times, but I LOVED it. 

And...now we're ready to go home.
We stopped at a tried and true taco truck on the way home. A little ghetto, but it's some good Mexican food for just a few bucks! 


4 comments:

Heather said...

I was sorely tempted to get a sled at Costco for Christmas. But we don't have to drive for it. Glad you had so much fun, and I'll have to keep my eyes open for a taco truck - never tried one.

Michelle said...

That looks like so much fun! What a great idea. I always feel justified when my kids have a chance to wear those winter coats I'm not sure I should have bought them!
By the way, I LOVE eating true Mexican tacos from the ghetto taco trucks. They are usually the best, which makes me wonder why I don't eat from them more often...oh yeah, something about an irrational fear of catching some weird disease! ha ha ha. Just kidding (sort of). Glad you had such a fun little adventure!

Anonymous said...

That looks so fun, such a clear blue sky, beautiful! I didn't know you could go somewhere close enough to your home to get to so much snow! You won't find that in Utah Valley right now for sure.

Kami said...

This looks like a fun time! I like your scarf.