Monday, January 6, 2014

A Little Bit of Jansen

One of Jansen's favorite gifts from Christmas was this model Super Hornet that he had to assemble. We didn't have the right glue for it, but instead of waiting till we got some, he and Nate decided to use super glue. Jansen did 90% of the work, and even more impressive is that he didn't glue any fingers together.

Lately Jansen loves to layer his shirts. He usually wears 3 at a time. It's hard to tell in this picture, but there is another shirt under the grey one with the hood. I think one reason he likes to wear so many is so that he won't need a coat.


He had his first basketball game on Saturday. I don't know who orders these rec sports shirts, but they are often HUGE. Like, when this one isn't tucked in it practically goes to his knees.

We had so much fun watching him and his team play. At this age, they are all still learning the rules and the basics. I think the score was 2-0 after the first quarter, maybe even the first half, I can't quite remember. Besides the benefits of being physically active, we really like that Jansen is learning how to listen to a coach, work with others, etc.

Is that a diverse team or what? It's great. I loved the little boys who played in pants and a turtleneck. I had a talk with Jansen before the pictures about how some people were paying for these pictures, and he can't make a goofy face. They didn't quite get a smile out of him, but no crazy face either. :)

3 comments:

The Nye's said...

I don't know if it's an age thing or a boy thing or what, but Kyle HATES coats too. I finally had to tell him that people are going to think I'm a bad mom if he doesn't wear a coat when it's 20 degrees outside. Grudgingly he puts it on to go to school but never once this year has he worn it home.

Anonymous said...

Im so proud of you! I love to see what you are doing. Love you. Grandma Becca

Kara said...

Just thought you should know I wore a turtleneck for my fifth grade bball pictures.