Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Things That Have Happened

I was looking through my pictures and realized that I forgot to blog about the Color Run I did. I was really motivated to sign up for it because --- hey -- who can resist a color run in DC? I'm so glad I did it, and it was loads of fun. But the course? A major disappointment. We basically ran the whole thing in a parking lot. It was more of an "event" than a race. 



We signed Jansen up for cross country this year. It was my idea, but when I asked him if he would like to do it, he was super excited. It turned out that his practice and Natalie's are at the exact same time on the same day at different locations. I've been dropping him off and then racing over to Natalie's practice. Usually Nate is able to make it over to Jansen's practice and pick him up. He had his first race a week ago, and he did great. The races are at 8 in the morning though...that's a little rough for the whole family. 


He was supposed to have his second race this past Saturday. We all woke up early to be ready to leave by 7:25. As he was having some breakfast he had a meltdown. Things went downhill quickly, and the final decision was to skip the race and ultimately to quit cross country. I was a little disappointed at first and a little surprised. I knew he didn't LOOOOVE cross country, but I didn't think he wanted to quit. It's going to be a good thing I think though. No more juggling two practices, and no more early Saturday mornings. 

1 comment:

Annie said...

Running is lame anyways. And you look cute doing your parking lot run!