Saturday, October 27, 2012

A Few Fallish Things

Poor Emmy was pretty terrified at the car wash the other day. Speaking of scary, since it's the Halloween season she has caught on to some words and uses them a lot like "spooky" and "spider web." All pumpkins are called "pumpkin patches." We have a scary sounds Halloween book that she loves to read.

I am the secretary of our school's PTO. The Fall Carnival that we put on was last Friday. I did about 1/100 of the amount of work some of the other moms did, and I was still so worn out and exhausted. During the actual carnival I was in charge of the nacho booth. I had my kids as well, so I was very relieved when the teenager from my ward showed up to take my place. That way I could take the kids around to the carnival games.

Emmy was pretty good while I ran the booth...the sno cone helped. It was a really hot afternoon.

We were all ecstatic when dad showed up for the last 30 minutes. I spent 2 hours after the carnival ended cleaning up, but at least I didn't have to put the kids to bed that night!

Saturday was our last day with Nate before he left for Washington DC for a month. He took the kids on a bike ride to McDonald's (which has become quite the tradition for them.) He must have stopped at the Wal-Mart on the way back because Natalie came in the door with these for me along with my favorite juice.

That night we went on a double date with the Comins to a Jenny Oaks Baker concert. Our stake choir was performing with her. It was so fun to be with Kiki and Ben.

Kiki took this staged picture from her car on the drive home. We were just, you know, making out at the stop light. 

All dressed up, no place to go.

We don't really carve pumpkins. We should. But we did paint these mini pumpkins the other night, and the kids loved it. Emmy spent probably 30 minutes painting hers, and when I showed her the dried pretty pumpkin the next morning she tossed it in the garbage. Never to be spoken of again. Such a funny girl.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember the first time I took you through the car wash. You were paralyzed with fear! I was begging grandma to just speed out and forget the wash. Wish I could be there for some Halloween fun but I'll see you guys the day after!

Annie said...

Get a room! And PTO secretary look at you! I just try to avoid eye contact with all PTO members because you know they are after you. And I love emmy's headband high heel look. I may have to steal that for
Sunday. The eighties are making a comeback my friend!

Nathaniel Nye said...

Why get a room? My clock was ticking till I had to leave for DC!! I have to say, my favorite picture from this post was with my 3 kids standing at my side at the carnival. My wife sure makes great kids, and I get to come home from work and enjoy the spoils of her hard work! (I guess the trade-off is she gets to enjoy the $poil$ of my hard work too!!)

Lindsey said...

I don't think I will ever be crazy enough to be in the PTO leadership! I'm happy to help, but I don't think I could put in all that time! I don't know how you do it with Nate having the schedule like he does.

Kent and Leisy said...

I can't believe you guys got snowcones at the fall carnival. I just returned from taking Zeb to the bus stop. It was snowing and FREEZING!!

Kami said...

Didn't know you were the secretary! You are super mom! Love the pic with the kids and Nate at the carnival. Natalie's necklace and outfit was cute and I love how Emmy was looking at Nate. And you two making out in the car... so great! Also, I loved your striped shirt. hot mom! :) Just saw Nate's comment on this post, love it! Haha!

Ariel said...

The picture with Nate and the kids is awesome! We can tell that he's their hero. Also loved the one where Natalie gives you the flowers and the one with the girls "dressed up"! You have a fun family.