Friday, June 29, 2012

Little Memories

Emmy only wants to stay in the bathtub for about 5 minutes. Natalie, on the other hand, could play in there for quite awhile. Sometimes when I tell her it's time to get out, she begs to stay in so she can finish her "story." It's times like this that I'm transported back to my own childhood and can remember being right in the middle of playing pretend and having it seem so real and important. I usually let her stay in the water and finish her story.
 I mean, there must be a happy ending to all those Pet Shops lost at sea right!?
 Sometimes Jansen and Natalie will lay out a blanket and some toys and create a special area for Emmy to play. They call it "The Emmy Express." So many choices! A walkie talkie, a toothbrush, plastic spiders...
 Emmy likes to sit in the cupboard in our bathroom and play with forbidden things like makeup and baby powder. I'm assuming she thinks I can't see her. 
 But I can. :)
I can't get enough of the way Emmy talks. 
"My do it."
"Daddy work?"
She wants Jansen to come with her everywhere. "Jansen come!"
Most mornings when I get her out of her crib she tells me, "I want read a book."
Right now one of her favorite books is all about trucks. She loves the "gah-bage truck."
swimsoup = swim suit
picle = popsicle
She drinks her milk out of a Dora and Boots sippy cup and calls it her "monkey cup."
She cries 100% of the time that I lay her in her crib for a nap or bedtime, but it only lasts about 30 seconds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those little feet poking out of the cupboard are so cute. And the Emmy Express is awesome. Such good little siblings.