Thursday, April 5, 2012

Jansen's Walk-A-Thon

This post is making me realize I need to research the history of the phrase "a-thon." Walk-a-thon, Read-a-thon, Jump-a-thon...why have I never given a second thought to these strange words? Homework for tonight. :)

Jansen had a walk-a-thon at school last week. It was the first year that the PTO had organized one, and it was a lot of fun. He collected donations to go towards school field trips, a mascot, and the fall carnival. 
 Jansen collected enough money to earn the rockin' red T-shirt he's wearing. He takes these types of events very seriously, and I love his enthusiasm. It was a family walk-a-thon, so Natalie, Emmy, and I came and walked around the field with Jansen. We were a few minutes late, and his teacher told me he was very concerned about where I was and if I was coming. Like I said, these kinds of things are important to him. :)
 I'm glad to see him having some school pride and enjoying 1st grade so much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jansen has enthusiasm about everything. It is so fun to give him things, talk to him about things. Very loveable kid.

Annie said...

I would have walked ALL day for that t-shirt. You are awesome Jansen! Julia just told me yesterday that she has every intention of marrying that little boy.