Friday, November 18, 2011

I Do REALLY Dumb Things

Somebody got a new bike.

Actually, somebody got TWO new bikes. You see, I do some incredibly dumb things sometimes. A few weeks ago I ordered Natalie's bike on Amazon. A few days later, two big boxes showed up. I figured that between the parts in the two boxes, we'd have ourselves a cute new bike. After opening one box though, I realized there were two bikes in my living room. I had ordered two. 

On a Thursday night, I had placed my first order. The following Monday morning, I ordered the bike again...with absolutely no recollection of the first order. I don't know how it all happened, but I do know it was my fault, and I do know that I am concerned about these mental lapses. 

When I asked Nate if he was worried about me he said, "Eh, it happens." What a good man.

I guess it all has a happy ending. I sold the extra bike to a friend at a discount. 



 I enjoy her so much. She loves to scoot around on Natalie's old tricycle when we go out to ride bikes. She's on top of the world when we let her run around the cul-de-sac. It must seem so big to her.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im glad Natalie got a new bike. She needs to be a "free wheeling gal".

Unknown said...

hey Jess, just blogstalking you. your little family is so cute and growing so fast! yikes.

miss you guys. xo

Lindsey said...

Oh my gosh Jess, I totally do stuff like this all the time where I have NO recollection of it. I makes me nervous too! Glad to see that you have the same problem :)