Monday, April 25, 2011

Adults Only

I didn't really plan on hosting an adult egg hunt in Vegas like we did in Columbus. (here) I've only lived here about 11 months...I mean, who dares invite 15 couples to an event in which grown men and women competitively search for plastic eggs? A friend liked the idea enough that she said she would help me put it together though, so suddenly it was GAME ON!

This is the group heading to a nearby park to start gathering. We gave 10 second head starts to the couples who RSVPed first and who dropped their filled eggs off to us first.
Just a few of the things found in the eggs: money, a real live goldfish, dirt, necklaces, gift cards, gas relief medicine, and candy of course. I guess it's best that this one is blurry. These gems were found in an egg and were promptly tried on by the lucky finder.
These were also tried on. Although not correctly. I thank you for that Adam. Apparently if you give a bunch of adults a break from their kids they start doing weird things with underwear.
I was PRETTY sure Nate would be home from work in time to help host the event. But not positive. I started  getting nervous as afternoon turned into late afternoon, but he made it. 
We gave the "golden" basket to the couple who gathered the most eggs. It had Goldfish, Golden Grahams, Golden Oreos, etc. The other basket was presented to the couple who found the least amount of eggs. It had what I deem some of the worst candy ever. Peeps. Marshmallow Ropes. Nik Nip. Weird chocolate bunny.
I'm calling the night a success. The HOA didn't catch us. No one was injured. 
There were some sad moments. Like when we realized the tiny tiny dollar store black training bra was never found. Perhaps someone needed it more than we did. 

5 comments:

Heather said...

One of my favorite memories of Columbus was your awesome night egg hunt - so glad you got to do one in Vegas.

Kati said...

That sounds like so much fun, I'm sad we missed it. You should do it again next year and we'll coordinate our vacation with it.

kiki comin said...

looked like fun. i'm sorry we missed it. i kind of need a new training bra.

Todd and Rikki Smith said...

I will admit that was one of the most fun nights we have had in a long time! You guys did an amazing job and it is a tradition I will steal and continue anywhere I go!! Thanks!

Knudson Family said...

ditto rikki. we had a blast! we have a few ideas for next year...