Sunday, April 25, 2010

Packing in the Fun and a Recipe

These pictures are from World of Bounce...probably the place that my kids beg me most often about going to. Who doesn't love big huge slides that give you a wedgie? I usually only go when Nate is with me...then I can send him through small awkward openings to rescue scared children.

Beaming.
Not all guys can pull off the hula hoop look. To find two in the same room that can is pretty unheard of, so I snapped a picture.
Having a bad day? Look at Sofie's cheesy smile...the day is already feeling much brighter isn't it???
Oh and here's a great dinner recipe from Annie's Eats. Nate and I both loved it.

Baked Southwestern Egg Rolls


Ingredients:

2 cups frozen corn, thawed

1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained

1 (10 oz.) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry (I used fresh)

2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend

1 (4 oz.) can diced green chiles, drained

4 green onions, chopped

1 tsp. ground cumin

½ tsp. chili powder

1 tsp. salt

½ tsp. pepper

¼ tsp. cayenne pepper

1 package egg roll wrappers (about 24 total)

Directions:

In a large bowl, combine everything but the egg roll wrappers. Mix well to blend. Lay an egg roll wrapper out on a work surface so that one of the corners is pointing toward you and place ¼ cup of the filling in the center. Fold the tip closest to you up over the filling, roll a bit, then take the points pointing outward and fold them in toward the center. Continue rolling into an egg roll shape until a small part of the remaining point is still free. Dip a finger in water or beaten egg and lightly brush on the edges of the free corner. Finish rolling and press to seal closed. Repeat with the remaining wrappers and filling.

Preheat the oven to 425˚ F. Lightly oil a baking sheet with cooking spray. Place the sealed egg rolls on the baking sheet seam side down and spray the tops of the egg rolls with cooking spray. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until lightly brown, turning halfway through baking. Serve warm with salsa (I served them with ranch mixed with chili powder.)

6 comments:

kiki comin said...

you really are packing in the fun! but you should..:) and i am trying that recipe this week...looks too good!

Ashley said...

Looks like you are getting all the fun stuff. It was great being able to chat with you today, I am surely going to miss having you as one of my visiting teachers. Good luck with the next two weeks.

Thanks for everything!!

Unknown said...

My kids LOVE those bounce houses! We usually go to Kangaroo Zoo in American Fork when we are visiting in Utah. It is always a must for my kids! (and it totally is a wedgie place...describes it perfectly. Love little bum wedgies though. haha)
Anyways, oh and I am going to try out your egg roll things.

Kendra said...

My kids LOVE bounce places. I am like you, I only go if Nate goes!

I love that recipe. I make one just like it but I add chicken {same everthing else} and we put it in tortillas and put them in our sandwhich maker, then dip them in this really yummy avocado-ranch dip, they are delish!

Kent and Leisy said...

the recipe looks wonderful!! and it's baked- even better. I can't wait to try it out.

Anonymous said...

Sophie does make me smile. Natalie's not bad for for a pick-me-up either. Love those little sweeties.