Monday, November 2, 2009

He's Flexible and He's Funny


This cannot possibly be comfortable. Even for children who seem to have bones made out of marshmellows.

Said in his prayers: "Please help us to never, ever be in a bad mood."
"Please help us to not be rough, and tough, and mean."

Nate was peeling potatoes (he knows how to please a woman) and Jansen asked him what he was doing. When Nate told Jansen that he was peeling the skins off Jansen said, "So it's just the bodies now?"

I overheard Jansen singing a Rod Stewart song..."You're in my heart, you're in my sore!"

Jansen likes to "type" and send emails. I usually pull up my email and put Nate's email address in and then let Jansen type. He sent one to Nate and I didn't know what he had written until Nate wrote him back but this is what he had written: hi dad send wun too mee too
Isn't that so cute???

This last one is from Natalie. She was by the computer asking to watch Wow Wow Wubbzy. Nate and I were in the kitchen. I called back to her and said, "No, Natalie." She replied, "I'm asking daddy."

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's super cute! Good sounding out Jansen! I love hearing what funny things your kids have been saying. It makes me a little excited for when E can talk more.

Heather said...

Those were all winners! Every time I read funny kid stories I'm so happy for the moms to have recorded them. They will be treasures to your grandchildren when you can tell them funny childhood stories about their mom or dad.

kiki comin said...

i love these stories. jansen is 100% little nate. and i love natalie...learning the ways of manipulation.:)
p.s. i can't think about you here yet, not until december..although every time i do, i just smile.:)

Meggin said...

I am frankly OBSESSED with Jansen and the great things he says. I am cracking up right now!

Shane's Angie said...

Whoa. You have a hyper-intelligent being on your hands. E-mailing at 4? Really Jess?! Whoa. (I had to say that twice, because I'm pretty sure that some of my kiddo's would struggle e-mailing like that...)
Now, Natalie is brilliant because she has learned one of the oh so important rules of raising parents:
Know which parent to ask. In my house it went like this: Ask mom for food. Ask dad for friends to come over. Ask mom if you can leave before the socks are all mated. Ask dad if you can move the furniture so you can do cartwheels. See...Know which parent to ask. She's way ahead on that one too. Sheesh. Little genius' you've got there.

Laraine said...

Jessica, I love these posts about your kids. What darling, smart and funny kids you have! I especially love that Natalie has already figured out which parent to ask when she really wants something!! You go girl!

Lindsey said...

LOL. I am loving these sayings. I can't believe Jansen did that email by himself. He must be very smart. But that's no surprise considering who his parents are.

Annie said...

I don't know if it's normal for kids to be emailing sentences at a young four. I keep telling Julia that kid is going places. He's going to be like an artist/engineer/brain surgeon/bird watcher/model train collector.

Tina said...

Okay Jessica. Honestly, I just tried doing that position that Jansen is in and it actually is comfortable. Try it. I remember doing it all the time when I was younger and I was testing my body to see if I could do it now. You have to just relax. But on the side note, I couldn't stay in that position for long and when I did get up, I did it s.l.o.w.l.y!! (smile)

Kami said...

Oh my gosh! I could just die! Those sayings are just so cute. And I am still amazed at Jansen's typing abilities.