So here's the tag. Name 6 things you value and 6 things you don't. Friends and family need not be included...especially if they are in the not-valued list.
Just a Few of the Things I Value:
1. This is so super valuable to me: my time after the kids go to sleep. I almost always spent at least a small portion of it drinking hot chocolate and reading a good book. Or dashing to Target. Or cleaning a wee bit so the next day can start off somewhat not chaotic. Or blogging. I NEED this time.
2. Obviously these are not in order of importance, but I also value in a way that words cannot describe my membership in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. The peace, the knowledge, the hope, the eternal nature of families, the friends, and most of all my faith in Jesus Christ. Oh how valuable this is to me!
3. I value the fact that I am able to stay at home with my children. This is not possible for everyone, so I feel very lucky. It is of utmost importance to me and I can't imagine missing out on the moments we have together.
4. I value snacks. Seriously. They bring me happiness. They can be life changing.
5. I value a good book. It's like I'm a kid again and being whisked away to another land. I get so giddy sometimes thinking of the next time I can pick up my book.
6. I really value warm water. Our water heater was messed up for awhile and I almost cried every shower, even though it was the summertime. I take REALLY hot showers. It feels so nice.
A Few Things I Don't Really Value:
1. I don't value the great outdoors as I should. Mostly I mean camping. It actually kind of scares me and that is the big problem. Besides the lack of luxuries and the dirt. I get scared at night out there in the wilderness.
2. I don't value hair dye. Can you tell I am already struggling with this portion of the tag? I have never dyed my hair and won't until I must. I just don't want to start the cycle. I'd rather buy a new shirt with that money.
3. I don't value meat. I like chicken, but I just don't get excited about a steak or anything like that. I do like cheap hamburgers.
4. I don't value folded clothing. (Does that even make sense?) It just gets messed up. I'm not going to spend a bunch of time folding laundry that Natalie is going to rip off the shelf. Or let's be honest, clothes that I am going to rip out of my drawers and shove back in.
5. I don't value movies all that much. I often fall asleep or want to be doing something else. Don't blow this out of proportion...I mean I just went to a movie the other night and am always telling Nate we should watch one, but I just don't get into it all like most people do.
6. I don't value video games. Can I be so bold as to say "waste of time?" I know, I know, perhaps blogging is. But I saw a video game that listed that it had sexual content, violence, mature themes, etc...how I wish I could rip those things off the shelves and maybe save a few people from throwing away their lives and money.
Wow, I was ranting a little bit there. Fun tag. You should all do it!