Saturday, September 15, 2007

Missing These

I definitely didn't appreciate the mountains enough when I lived in Utah. It wasn't until I moved to Ohio that I realized just how beautiful and amazing they are. Now every time I go home (Utah) I always spend some time just staring and wishing I could somehow take them to Ohio. I LOVE Ohio, but there's just something (actually lots of somethings) about the West that I miss...including (no laughing please): Arctic Circle (mmm....pumpkin shakes), Sonic (slushes!), Teriyaki Sticks (chicken bowls are yummy), etc. I guess we all have those strange things we grew up loving and they kind of become a part of you.

And what would one of my posts be without pictures of my little guy? And with clothes on! It's getting chilly here.

3 comments:

Kara said...

Well, I can't tell you where new mountains in Ohio are, but there is now a Sonic in Grove City! Landon and I have been a few times - we LOVE their drinks!

Anonymous said...

just the other day robin and i were eating at this place down in riverwoods and we were outside. there was this table of people next to us and the guy was saying "you guys are just so used to seeing those mountains and you don't realize how amazing it is to just sit here having dinner, looking at the sun making shadows off the mountains" and it really is true, i looked over and it really is one of the great blessings of living here in this valley. i feel the same way about the red rocks of the southern utah too. i did enjoy my stay in ohio though, other than the lack of mountains it is very much like utah in a lot of ways. loved my "room with a view". i have a new appreciation of ducks. love mom.

Cassidy said...

I love that the things that you miss from Utah are food related. (minus the mountains!)