Thursday, May 24, 2007

Poor Little Guy

Jansen woke up REALLY ornery today. At first I thought it was all about wanting to go outside...which I was not about to do at 6:30 in the morning. We had all day to play outside. He cried and whined for a couple hours and I was trying everything I could to make him happy...popsicles, cookies, watch a movie, go outside, go on a drive (which we did), play games on the computer, etc. Nothing worked, which is very unusual. I wouldn't normally cater to him like this but I felt like he was out of control and needed some distraction so that he could get a hold of himself. He didn't have a fever or any other symptoms besides being extremely fussy so I didn't suspect sickness. But as the morning continued I could tell he was NOT himself and something was wrong. It was so strange, most of the morning he kept wanting me to take him out to the car. As I mentioned, I thought maybe he wanted to go on a drive or to hold the steering wheel or something. But he acted like he wanted to sit in his car seat and go somewhere. Again, very unusual. When I did drive around with him he was still very unhappy, so I was stumped. I eventually made an appointment with the doctor and it ends up he had ruptured his eardrum. Poor kid! I can't help but wonder if he was trying to get me to take him to the doctor this morning...hah hah. I guess I'll never know!

3 comments:

Kara said...

Oh Jessica...I was just talking to Monica and she said he was having a hard time this morning. She and Kandice were worried and couldn't decide whether or not you should take him to the doctor - I'm so glad you figured out what was wrong! I hope he's feeling better now.

Anonymous said...

Always follow your gut, and it is always worth the co pay to check with the Doc. One time Ellissa had a cough and a real low fever so I called a nurse to see if she should come in and the Nurse said no, a few days later still the same, called a nurse again she said no I did not need to bring her in. My gut said take her in so I did the Doc sent her right to the hospital for x-rays she had pnemonia. Your are a good Mommy most of the time you will figure out what is up. Carrie

Cassidy said...

Aw, there is honestly nothing worse in my mind than ear pain.