Sunday, March 1, 2015

Thin Air, Pinkalicious, Before and After Room, and New Ring

Nate took Jansen and Natalie to Thin Air in February during his week off. This is Jansen's heaven. I think playing dodge ball at a trampoline place with his dad has got to be Jansen's very favorite activity in the world right now. We went in the late afternoon on a weekday, so it was empty which was awesome.


A little over a week ago I took Natalie and Emmy to Pinkalicious the play at the Magik Theatre. They loved it. They have both asked when we can go again.

That night Natalie said to me, "I want to be watching Pinkalicious again right now."

We went with a group of friends, so that made it even better.

We were having fights every night about who got to sit by dad at dinner time, so we had to come up with a rotation. I had to laugh when Jansen said Emmy had the best seat EVER this night because she got to sit by dad AND Leah. 

Leah makes the cutest humming noises the whole time she is eating when she is in her high chair. She is basically eating all the same foods we are now at every meal.

The playset is finished! Nate worked so hard on it for months and months. These are the original plans he made for it. He did an incredible job.


And I am married again! I lost my wedding ring awhile ago (SO sad) and have worn a few cheap rings from time to time, but Nate surprised me for Valentine's Day with a beautiful new one similar to my original ring. 

Before I write about this room, here is a "before" picture: 

 And this is the "after." This is our sort of "reading" room. It's the room directly to your right just as you come in our front door. We painted it white in January, and I have been working on it the last couple months. I guess the decor is kind of inspired by the painting above the love seat which was done by someone in Venezuela where Nate served his mission. It's a colorful room that makes me happy each time I see it.

I took this picture the other day of Natalie's turkey and cheese sandwich. She seriously ate it like that. 

Yesterday was a cold and dreary Saturday, so I took the kids to Hobby Lobby to spend some money they had earned or saved. Natalie bought some fabric to make dresses (still not sure how that's going to work out since I don't sew) and a cake pop maker. Thank goodness for 40% off coupons!

Today Jansen bore his testimony at church. A few nights ago he told me he was praying in his bed and thinking to himself that he knew God was there, but that another "logical" part of his brain wondered if he was wrong. He prayed to Heavenly Father to know and said he soon felt tears in his eyes. He said he felt the Spirit and knew that Heavenly Father was real. He said he experienced the same thing the following night. It was an incredible feeling as a parent to hear him relate this experience and then be willing to share it in front of many people this Sunday.

3 comments:

Kendra said...

What a sweet story he shared in front of everyone! Brave kid!

Oh and the "sit by dad at dinner" is the story of our life. I'm always like…"What am I, chop liver?" They laugh, but still want to sit by dad!

Kami said...

Love what Natalie chose from Hobby Lobby. And that story about Jansen- so sweet. I love breakfast for dinner, yum. That room turned out so great. You are so creative. I can't believe Leah is standing on her own like that, just holding on to a chair. What a big girl. Miss you guys.

anna banana said...

I love reading your blog, it always makes me wish I still blogged. Love your room! Super cute. Such a perfect parenting experinces with Jansen. I love that!