Tuesday, July 30, 2013

National Zoo

A free zoo! Who knew they existed. One morning last week we took a trip to the Smithsonian National Zoological Park, or the National Zoo. It's about 30 minutes from our house. 


My kids are so interesting. An hour or into the visit they were asking to go home. I think it's unrealistic to expect them to fully understand how lucky they are to get to do these kinds of things, but it's frustrating when they complain about being at the zoo! A little while later they all perked up and had a great afternoon. I think this bag of popcorn helped. :)



We'd promised the kids some type of treat, so we grabbed some frozen yogurt that was directly across the street from the zoo entrance. 



3 comments:

Kami said...

Love Emmy's cheeks in that close up with her ice cream. The look on her face is so great! Also loving Natalie's scarf. Jansen is getting so big- he just looks so much older and mature. A free zoo sounds awesome. I am impressed by all that you've ventured out to do. Way to go.

Kati said...

Looks like fun! BTW, I have that same coral top you're wearing...that must mean I have good taste if I'm dressing like you!

Anonymous said...

Love the frozen worm coming out of Emmys yogurt. And I have to agree that "Growing Up Is Risky"