Sunday, October 21, 2012

Kids' Halloween Party


Last Wednesday night we went to the Nelson's after school for a kiddos Halloween party. Emmy was Strawberry Shortcake with a hard hat, Natalie was a witch, and Jansen was a kid in a bad mood. He was just having a bad afternoon...one thing led to another, and he was just NOT happy about life. Luckily, he was in a much better mood for the last bit of the party.

We are imperfect costume kind of people. Here's a prime example. 

We had fun Halloween snacks, played some games, and had a great time just hanging out in the backyard in the sunshine. Poor little Jansen is behind the tree. I'll be honest, it makes me laugh every time I see it.

Becca made some "witch's brew" with all sorts of spooky ingredients like bug guts and crushed skeleton bones. 


Here's Natalie devouring her donut on a string...no hands allowed.

Everyone loves to be a part of fun activities like this, but it's hard to follow through and make it happen. We were thankful to Becca for being on top of things and planning it so that they kids could have some Halloween fun this month. 

4 comments:

Annie said...

Those pictures crack me up. Looks like such a fun party. I should get my act together and do something like that for my kids. Probably won't, but I should.

Jaime Lynne said...

It's nice to know other kids have "bad days" too. I feel like it is often my kid in the group shot who is having the "bad day." The witches brew looked delicious and creepy.

Unknown said...

Why does it make you laugh every time you see what?

Kent and Leisy said...

that grumpy behind the tree picture is priceless! I feel like Zeb has little kid pms sometimes- so it makes me feel better to know I am not alone.