Wednesday, August 15, 2012

All Instagram

Sometime I wish I "journaled" more on my blog. I wish I spent more time writing about what's going on in my mind and how I feel about this stage of life. You know, the details that are fun to recall later. But when I sit to do that, my mind goes blank. I have no idea what I did last week. I can't remember why I was mad yesterday. I'd have to really think about what I wanted to write, and I am too impatient for that.

And I guess that's why I love pictures and why I love Instagram. They give me a place to start as I try to recall what we have been up to. And I "feel" something when I look at these filtered photos. They are different than a regular picture to me. So here goes some of the latest phone pictures...

A fun morning at Flip n Out and then a chaotic lunch at Subway. It is rarely worth it to eat out with kids, but when you share the craziness with a friend, it is.

Washing dad's hair...add that to the list of things they will never get me to do

Jansen's dollar store purchase

Sweet sister moments

Growing and maturing in my knowledge and understanding of the temple

Heading to the school to get Natalie switched to morning Kindergarten

Finger painting at a friend's house

 Making the pie Natalie has been begging to make for weeks

Watching her for a few minutes and being thankful for her imagination

4 comments:

Lara H. said...

I LOVE your Instagram photos. It's been fun to follow you!! P.S. I feel the same way about blogging and journaling. It gets harder as you have more kids and more going on during the days and weeks! You do an awesome job with your little piece of the world wide web! :)

Lara H. said...

I LOVE your Instagram photos. It's been fun to follow you!! P.S. I feel the same way about blogging and journaling. It gets harder as you have more kids and more going on during the days and weeks! You do an awesome job with your little piece of the world wide web! :)

Tina said...

Those are some sweet moments. Your kids are so great and have huge imaginations. I feel like I have to pull my kids along and teach them how to use their imagination and they just don't get it most of the time. Also, that's so cool of Nate to do that with them in the bath. Ha, ha!! Dads are the greatest!!!

Kami said...

Oh wow! So cute! I especially love the one of the three holding hands walking and the one of Emmy and Natalie reading. Oh man! I just want to come to Vegas right now and kiss them all.