Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Cruise with Me, Baby (in the voice of Gwyneth Paltrow)

There's nothing wrong with letting your hair down every once awhile.
Hopping in the car to go cruisin'.
Letting baby sister take the wheel for a minute.
Pick up a friend or two along the way.
Blast some tunes.
And hang your head out the window.
By the way, hanging your head out the window reminds me of three things.

1. A home video I made about 15 years ago mimicking Alanis Morissette in her music video Ironic. I hung my head wildly out the window for most of it.

2. In high school, a friend and I had a contest to see who could keep her head out the window the longest. We were on the freeway. And it was sleeting. What a rush.

3. My cousin Scotty used to have longer hair than he does now. He was once hanging his head out the window a wee bit, and I rolled the window up enough to trap some of his hair in the window. He was stuck, and I was left with no choice but to accelerate and then brake. Accelerate, and then brake. I don't why I did such a cruel thing.

6 comments:

Annie said...

I don't know if I can survive another day without seeing this Ironic video you made.

Anonymous said...

We'll see what we can do about locating the video, Annie. Mom.

Knudson Family said...

ok, number 3 made me laugh out loud! and yes, it's the only thing to do: find the video.

Michelle said...

I used to love Alanis Morriset...especially that song! So funny. I think I would really enjoy seeing your music video...

Camp Chris said...

If my memory serves me correctly... that contest was with Danielle and you were on a bus!!

Heather said...

a to the men, where is this magical video? Loved this post