Sunday, July 31, 2011

Rite of Passage

Nate bought Jansen and Natalie each their own pair of binoculars. I was a little taken aback at how much Jansen's cost, but Nate assured me this was something very, very important to him. To help me fully understand just how significant it is that they have their own binoculars, he said, "If it was my own birthday, the gift I would want most would be binoculars for the kids." Fine, fine. I guess if it's THAT important. :) Can't say I'll be wishing for the kids to get any gifts on MY birthday. 
They need to get out and use them now. Nate was going to take them camping and birdwatching this weekend, but it didn't work out. I guess Angry Birds (what they are playing in the picture below) will have to do until then.

5 comments:

Todd and Rikki Smith said...

I asked Jansen at the party if he went camping and he told me he wasn't going to be able to see shooting stars so he didn't really want to go anyway! Seriously the funniest kid ever!

Kent and Leisy said...

My boys would love to play angry birds with your kiddos :) love the b-nocs!!

Tina said...

My kids LOVE angry birds and for the "fun" part of FHE last night we had an Angry Birds match-off!! The kids actually did better than I did!! ha ha! Good times!!

Anderson's said...

Ur children r so cute. It is pretty funny that Nate bought them binoculars.

Michelle said...

Yeah, I wouldn't be wishing for my kids to get anything on my birthday either! But binoculars ARE pretty awesome. :) I think dads have a particular intensity about making sure their kids love the same hobbies as they do...I know my hubby does!