Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Night a Say's Phoebe Flew Into Our House

We hosted a small fireside at our house on Sunday for the Young Men and Young Women in our ward. I mostly eavesdropped from upstairs, but I was still able to hear many wonderful and inspiring things. The topic was missions, and Nate scored big points with me when he mentioned an experience from his mission and said it was the happiest day of his life...besides the day I told him I would marry him. His words, not mine. :)

Well, the real excitement began AFTER the fireside. About half the guests had left when we got a late arrival:
A little Say's Phoebe flew into the house. I am assuming he knew he was among friends when coming into the Nye home. (Nate is an avid birdwatcher). There were screams and gasps and laughs. The poor things flew into the fan once. I thought it was so cute how concerned and calm Nate was. 
We caught him eventually. He seemed to be okay. There were a few feathers strewn throughout the house. Although he was a dear little thing, I hope to never see him in my home again.

5 comments:

Bethany said...

What a happy day for Nate. I still remember playing Scategories with you guys. Every answer was bird with like 8 names... like a Tibetian Tufted Titmouse or something- anyway, you guys quite won due to an extraordinary knowledge of uncommonly alliterative birds...

cheeks said...

how funny that it made its way into the NYE home! i had to read that title 5 times and still had no idea what it meant! hopefully that's not offensive :) then i was like..."why is there a bird in their house?!" haha!

Michelle said...

That was so crazy! I thought it was ironic, too, that it would fly into YOUR home (it felt the love). That was definitely some unexpected excitement on Sunday night!
By the way, I think we should have another fireside where Nate tells us the long story of how he won you over!

Lara said...

That was the best ending to the night ever! I am glad the Bird wasn't hurt...

kiki comin said...

my. worst. nightmare.EVER.