Sunday, April 17, 2011

While the Cat's Away, the Mice Will Play

Nate took such good care of Jansen, Natalie, and Emmy while I was in Ohio.

I'm sure there were things that happened, places that were visited, outfits that were worn, and food that was eaten that I would have forbidden, but I came back to happy, healthy kids so I will not complain!

So let's see how the mice played...

It was such a treat to have Grandma Kim in town for a couple days. I had her all to myself one day and Nate had her help for one of the days that I was in Ohio.
Nate texted me this photo the day that I left with the message, "See? All under control."
Mice playing...
A little baby mouse playing. And eating a rock.

Eating more rocks.
Nate truly enjoyed having some time with the kids and he never complained. I think he knows me well and knew just how to handle my constant badgering and inquiries about how everything was going. I'm not sure if he realized it, but he has proven himself to be much more capable of caring for the kids than me, so I may need to sneak away more often! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jess I am usually not one to pry but....I think you should call a reptile expert I dont think that snake is native to Nevada

Kami said...

Fun times! I love seeing Emmy chow down on rocks and dirt. Also, those birds are BEAUTIFUL! I want one.