Thursday, March 24, 2011

Celine Dion Concert

I think it was like a year ago that Kami called and told me that she had gotten us tickets to Celine Dion in Las Vegas for my birthday in 2011. I did all my chores, made sure my homework was done, and cleaned my room so that I could go. Here we are at dinner...you will notice upon further inspection that our plates are nearly licked clean.
One of my best friends from high school (also Kami's sister in law) came to see Celine as well. Let me introduce you to Amy...my partner in crime...a lady who makes me laugh harder than almost anyone else. You will see her nestled in the back seat. Kami says that when I get with Amy I am like a kid in a candy shop. I'll have one of each please.
There was a naughty bum in this picture but I took it out. So you can look. On our way to Caesar's Palace!
Celine has seen me through some times. I distinctly remember buying one of her tapes at Media Play and blasting it in the car. "There were nights when the wind was so cold..." There are some songs that remind me of the week Nate and I broke up. And there's the Titanic song of course...which we used to play for basketball pregame because people said Mountain View COULD be sunk. And we thought we were funny.
Had to lay a few bets down. What would be her first song? We all guessed and threw in the change from our purses. I believe Momma Tressler won.
It was certainly one of those nights that went by too quickly. Although at this point the night was still young. We shopped a little after and then hit Serendipity. And then I got that pit in my stomach thinking of getting up and getting myself and everyone ready for church by 9. Lovely evening. Lovely girls.

6 comments:

Lara said...

Jess, it looks like so much fun! Glad you got to go for your birthday! I LOVE Celine!

Kami said...

Such a fun time! Celine was amazing. You and Amy were like two school girls... loved spending the evening with you both.

Tina said...

How incredible! What a wonderful evening! You look so stylish Jess. I want to be just like you!!! :)

Jaime Lynne said...

Celine saw me through some good and bad times as well. Happy birthday!

Lindsey said...

Love you girls. Everyone looks so cute.

Britt said...

Too cool! Glad you had so much fun! I have to admit the only song of Celine's that I didn't absolutely love was the Titanic one. Probably because it was on the radio constantly and all over campus at BYU during my freshman year. Ugghh! "If I hear one more near-far I'm going to vomit!"