Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Highs and Lows of Thanksgiving Break

Well, she's pretty much always one of our highs. Especially in a Thanksgiving outfit. Except when she's having her lows. Then she's a high having a low. Got it? Oh and another low is having a blowout in your holiday clothing.

Seeing family was definitely a high. It's been years since we've seen some of them and we used to get together almost every month. The low? Hmmm, I guess splitting the time between such wonderful people.
Girl time is always a high in my book. We had a great time around the table working on a cute craft. I am thinking that the low is that I don't have a picture of me with my mom, aunt, sis, and cousins at a delightful place called La Jolla where we had lunch. You should all be very jealous that you were not able to be a part of the conversation there. Always a hoot.
Oh Golden Nugget from Leatherby's. You are my naughty high. The low is how many nights of Jillian's "30 Day Shred" I am going to have to do to work that one off. Our spoons were coated with fatness.
Oh hello again Emmy! Your cute sweater is the high for this picture. Driving in adverse weather conditions for hours and hours with you is...A LOOOOOW.
It was a high seeing Natalie dabble in all things princess-y. It's a low that I probably need to do more Christmas shopping that encourages that sort of play.
High? Great men gathered together. Low? Their mood after the BYU/Utah game. Actually, they handled themselves very well.
Isn't this moment a great high?
And an unrelated low...getting a call at 7 in the morning on Thanksgiving informing us that our downstairs smoke alarm was going off. Our security company sent the Fire Dept over there, and although they couldn't get in the house and wouldn't since no one was home, a survey of the outside showed no sign of a fire. Well this happened a couple more times over the course of the day. And a few days later we got a call that the burglar alarm went off. At 1 in the morning this time. To make a long story short, they were false alarms and we're not exactly sure why. Scared the snot out of us a couple times though!

9 comments:

Bethany said...

Oh how well I understand the post-BYU-game low. I am proud to say that my boy handled himself very well also. But still, sadness for the menfolk.

Also-the last picture = darling!

Annie said...

All this talk of highs and lows leaves me with one question. Are you doing drugs?

Oh and traitors that you all are did you not watch the OSU Michigan game? High!!!

And I kept thinking of last year's Thanksgiving. So you know what that meant. Low.

Maybe I'm doing drugs too.

Unknown said...

What a rollercoaster of a week. ha. but I do have to say the picture of Natalie in the princess stuff....so cute!! That is totally like my Kambryn. All girl. But I have no idea what to do with it...totally not up my soccer alley. But it sure is fun.

Tina said...

The picture of Emmy and your mom is precious. It makes me miss my mom and makes me sad that she misses out on all those moments with my kids. I'm so glad you had such a great Thanksgiving!!

kiki comin said...

now that was a weekend! i was thinking of you driving home...and i'm glad the boys handled themselves well after that game. i was fuming, booker was crying..the night just wasn't the same.:)

Gazdik Family said...

So many good looking people with smily faces. Other than that weird alarm system you got (that would scare me, too) you know you are always in the "high" zone!!

Hansel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Nye's said...

I think the low of this post was seeing my fat profile with my butt hanging out! Thanks a lot!

Shane's Angie said...

I enjoyed this post for several reasons:
a) I was there for some of it. Why is that enjoyable? Don't know.
b) Emmy had a Thanksgiving Day blowout, and was smiling through the whole thing.
c) Becca looks like she is snorting in that picture. Was she? I gotta know.