Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Discussion with Natalie


This evening I noticed Natalie had pen all over her legs and also on her arms. I started to inquire about how that happened and asked if she had drawn on anything else. This is the discussion that followed:

Natalie: "I'm not going to show you." (Using her hands and arms to shield the pen marks on her legs.)

Me: "Natalie, did you draw on anything else?"

Natalie: "Mom go finish working on dinner." (I had been in the kitchen before this.)

Me: "Tell me please where you were when you did this. Did you draw on anything else?"

Natalie: "Don't ask! Don't ask mom."

At this point I started to laugh. Ironically, after inspecting the house I didn't find any additional damage. Her cuteness really impedes my disciplining lately.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is their cuteness that keeps us from killing them. I think she's right though, don't ask about things that are just going to cause trouble.

Kami said...

Oh my gosh! That is hilarious! I love that she told you to go back and finish dinner! Ha!

David and Kristi Gailey said...

I agree. It's a good thing they are so cute or we might not keep them around. They can be so naughty sometimes. Lately Connor's way of telling me he did something bad is by saying "Your not going to love me anymore" Then I ask why, and he tells me what he did. At least he warns me though.