Friday, July 9, 2010

Mail Children

As the temperatures climbed into the hundreds out here, I knew I needed to find someone to go get the mail for me. Our box is at the end of the cul-de-sac and I can be a wet, sweaty, ornery mess just walking from here to there. I mean, it's a good 50 yards away. :) It was really in the best interest of the whole family that I got the children to do the dirty work. Those of you that have known me for awhile know that I am well versed in getting people to do my dirty work.

I load them up with outgoing mail. Hand over the key to Jansen. And send them truckin'.
Jansen has learned how to unlock our box...still has some trouble getting it closed and locked back up, but we've almost got those kinks worked out.
They do good work. And the mail even makes it back to me for the most part!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you sure Natalie's up for this? By the look on her face, I'm not convinced. Gotta love her expressions. Miss you guys.

Annie said...

I must admit seeing Natalie with that necklace on makes me happy. She knows how to get the mail with style. It's been hot here too if that makes you feel any better. Sticky hot.

Melinda said...

I'm so with you on the sweaty, ornery mess. I can't wait for Emerson to grow a little taller so he can reach our door to unlock it. Brilliant.

Kent and Leisy said...

jess. it's worse in Ohio right now. I swear it's been over 90 with crazy high humidity all summer. I love that you get your little rugrats to do the dirty work. I'm taking lessons from you!

Kent and Leisy said...

p.s. it was WONDERFUL to see you! I just keep praying that we end up on the same base some day!!

Gazdik Family said...

Good work, kiddos!!

kiki comin said...

it IS hot, huh! i'd do the same thing, except my mail box is just too far away.:)

Monica said...

this post is adorable! darling pictures. Is Natalie wearing your necklace? Sofie is wearing mine too at the moment.