Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Concerning Money

Oh the things this kid says make me happy. Here he is working on a train drawing...using at least 6 pieces of paper. And don't you love the *comfortable* position he is in?

He has really been wanting to do jobs for me lately to earn money. Funny thing is, I have the hardest time coming up with jobs for him. And there are things I want his help with that I don't consider money-earning jobs...like cleaning his room or whatever. I asked him to do something the other day and he wanted to know if it would earn him money. I said, "No, but it would sure make me happy." He says to me, "Well mom, jobs that sure make you happy don't help me earn money."

And the other guy in my life...
I asked Nate the other day what he would tell someone if they asked him the secret to a happy marriage. He immediately answered, "Keep your mouth shut and your checkbook open." I laughed out loud and was surprised at his answer. Says a lot about his wife though doesn't it? :)

5 comments:

Bethany said...

THIS. IS. NATHAN. EXACTLY. Exactly, Jessica. We have had the same discussion more times than I can say. Good luck. When you figure it out, let me know.

And about Nate's marriage advice, I told Ryan, and after he laughed he said, "Huh. Nate is one of few guys who I'd actually take marriage advice from."

So thanks, Nate!! ;)

Gazdik Family said...

Funny!! But you are the opposide of a money spender....
Does he have another wife or something!?!

Anonymous said...

Amen and Amen to both statements.

Unknown said...

I love the long train picture. My Jantsen is totally into doing the exact same thing. But he is drawing Trucks with trailers and not trains.

kiki comin said...

did he find his dollar today?:) you guys were lifesavers last night. thanks.