Saturday, January 2, 2010

Time for a Trim and Potty Training Woes

It seems like Natalie's hair grew several inches overnight. When I was looking at it today I got that urge to cut it...and you know when you get that feeling it's hard to ignore. Before I knew what was happening Nate was getting started on it in the bathtub.

That lasted about 2 minutes...

And then we moved to this station:

It definitely needs help, but I don't care much right now. It's usually in pigtails or something anyway.

Feeling frustrated about potty training. It was going so well, and today I let her go to church in underwear because she really really wanted to and I was so tired of fighting with her (we had done it all morning...sound familiar? Why are Sunday morning so contentious!) I left her in Nursery for awhile and then went to check on her and found her with urine streaked tights. I whisked her away and cleaned her up (I'm so glad I grabbed an extra skirt)...this time I put underwear on her and then a Pull-up...I dropped her back off and went to finish subbing the Sunbeam class. Awhile later they brought her to me and she had pooped her pants!!! Grrrrr.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the look on Natalie's face in the tub. She just needs to let you know who's still boss as far the potty training.

Monica said...

Her hair looks so cute! It was pulled up today and so I didn't notice. I totally want to see it down now.

Sorry about the potty training . . I hope that next Sunday in nursery goes better.

Anonymous said...

Yikes. I feel your pain on the potty training. We'll go weeks without a problem then have an awful day (in a public place, of course). Hang in there.

lexihb said...

Natalie looks like the grinch in that picture in the tub...... haha

Kami said...

I hated when my mom cute my hair! I alweays ended up with freaky bangs! But it looks liek you and Nate did a good job though!

Buffy Dayton said...

From a professional point of view...ahem...I think it looks rather perfect! From a not so professional point of view....I HATE POTTY TRAINING!

kiki comin said...

i have never thought to cut hair in the bath..maybe because we only use clippers on the boys...umm, so maybe not a good idea!:) sorry about potty training. you know how i feel about it.:(

Christian Nye said...

Darn! So frustrating!!! She looks so adorable with her new do! Can't wait to see you in a couple of days!!!!