Sunday, March 22, 2009

Berfday

It was a great one. Nate and I went out to dinner the night before...

We rolled up to our destination and were greeted with this:


Guess they closed down! (Upon further examination I found out they merged locations) Not that we would have eaten there if they HAD been open. Way too shady. We ended up going to the Spaghetti Warehouse which is where this picture was taken:

I have absolutely amazing friends. SOMEHOW they (in cahoots with Nate) surprised me with a little scrumptious brunch and some good chit chat.

Aahhh yes, a birthday cake. To be completely honest, I think there's only like 2 or 3 pieces left!

Nate watched the kids for most of the day which is the most wonderful thing in the world. If you ever read this dear children, I love you beyond my ability to express it. But you wear me out. So sometimes I need a break. :)

9 comments:

Annie said...

It was a great time. I'm so glad I get to be one of your friends and that you had a good birthday. Oh, those kids certainly do wear us out don't they? Julia talked about riding in the car with Jansen all night.

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a great day. The brunch was a fun idea! I'm so glad you had a good berfday. Love ya, mom

Monica said...

Glad you had a good day and that you got a good break. We all need that--especially on your birthday! I still laugh at the thought of me running with your car coming down the street. That was embarrassing!

The Nye's said...

I wish I could have celebrated with you. I'm glad it was a good day for you! Would you hurry and move to Las Vegas, please!!!

Melinda said...

I love that you titled your post "Berfday". That's how my family all says it. :) Happy Birthday!

TravisandTaryn Barrett said...

Happy late birthday!! It looks like you had a great birthday. A day without the kids is always a good day:)

Shane's Angie said...

You deserved that Birthday Break...oh, and had that cake been at my house...there would be nothing left.

Camp Chris said...

I thought of you all day Saturday... and somehow it escaped without even a txt wishing you a happy birthday...I'm sorry!! I love you to bits....and I can't believe you're 27!!!! Where did the time go..... You're so cute by the way...as you always have been.

David and Kristi Gailey said...

Happy Birthday Jessica! I would have loved to make it to your brunch! I hope you had a great birthday! You are so pretty!