Sunday, December 7, 2008

Bet You Can't...

...make a pile of dirty laundry this big in less than 3 hours.

We got a babysitter for a couple hours yesterday because Nate was at the hospital and I had a baby shower to go to. Jansen was excited to play with the babysitter but I knew Natalie wouldn't be quite so cooperative so the plan was to have her nap most of the time we were gone. I put her down to sleep and then took off (in some snowy, slippery weather) to my shower luncheon that was about 25 minutes away. After about 40 minutes and halfway into my lunch I got a phone call from my poor sitter. Natalie is awake and threw up in her crib. What?! She's only thrown up once in her life and she was perfectly fine that morning. Murphy's Law. I threw my half eaten lunch across the table to my friend who hadn't ordered anything and hurried home where Natalie was curled up in a corner of her crib (she didn't want to be picked up by the babysitter) just sort of waiting patiently and miserably for me. There was vomit all over bed. I cleaned her up and took the sitter home (Natalie threw up again all over herself and the carseat on the way home). Anyway, that picture of the pile of laundry is all the different clothes Natalie and I wore in about 3 hours time. The nice thing is that she is actually very pleasant and happy...but she just keeps throwing up. She's doing better today.

10 comments:

Lindsay said...

Ohh dear. =( Preston and Dallin were sick and throwing up for a couple days too. I was also amazed at the massive amounts of laundry this situation created. I made a little bed for them in the family room where they could stop and lay down on (and then get up, play, throw up, and the cycle continued!).

JesseandJessieZawalski said...

Oh poor thing. That's so sad. I hate it when babies are sick! But cute how she knew somehow you were going to make your way to her soon because of this event lol. You need to email me at fairylove18_jess@yahoo.com and i will email you back my address!

kiki comin said...

yikes..i'm sorry. no fun for a weekend. hope tommorrow is pukeless.:)

Heather said...

O Jessica, that is truly sad. And disgusting. Few things are worse than cleaning up vomit. So sorry. Tanner missed you today.

Shane's Angie said...

This makes me think of the stomach flu of '07. It was also the first week of December and it included me and my three children and lasted over a week. Needless to say, the laundry piled up, the house reeked, and of course, Shane escaped puke free. Good luck!

Meggin said...

Gee, Jess, sorry! That is not fun for the baby, and even less so for the mommy!!

Lindsey said...

So sad. That is the worst. I hate watching my kids throw up b/c there's nothing much you can do to take the misery from them.

TravisandTaryn Barrett said...

Poor thing!! Carson did the same thing a couple of weeks ago. He was happy but he had it coming out both ends for a couple days. I hope she gets feeling better.

Kent and Leisy said...

the huddling in the crib corner was the worst part of that whole post!! and also lame-o that you didn't even get to enjoy the shower.

Melinda said...

I'm so sorry. How miserable for everyone! I hope little Natalie gets feeling better and that no one else gets sick. I heard that stupid flu is going around.