Saturday, September 13, 2008

Life's a Picnic

Jansen likes playing "picnic" lately. This is a picnic:

A big ol' crazy mess of toys and other household oddities. That's about all "playing picnic" entails. Throw it all in a pile and you're set. Oh, and don't let Natalie touch ANY of it.

Tomorrow's my first experience doing church alone with both kids. I am wondering if I should even attempt to go in the chapel. Nate is a couple weeks into his surgery rotation and is very busy. He's done about 75 hours this week so far and will put in some more tomorrow morning. Can't wait for this one to be over!

7 comments:

Lori said...

Hi Jess!
Very cute mess:)

I need to check in on your blog a little more. I love reading about your little family and cute kids!

Good luck in church, it's a tough job with two parents!

Shane's Angie said...

Bless you in your Sabbath Day attempts. We attended Stake Conference last week and despite the $30 I spent on items to keep the children happy, Evie and I spent the entire 2 hours wandering the halls and finally taking a walk outside. I hope I get brownie points for effort! I love Jansen's picnic! If that was really a picnic, my whole house is a giant picnic right now! Heaven help me! (By the way, can I even express to you how funny your comment about Carrie's weaning was? Hilarious. For some reason, it was even funnier coming from you...)

Kent and Leisy said...

This summer while Kent was gone constantly- I was actually surprised that church was not nearly as bad as I had imagined it would be. Granted- I only have the one rugrat. Good luck!

Annie said...

You did great. We were able to pay very close attention to sacrament, I saw that you had Natalie fast asleep during Sunday school and you made it back right in time to teach your primary class. I was VERY impressed. Now lets see how I do next week- I assure you, not as impressive.

Unknown said...

Good luck with 2 kids. We barely make it when it is both Kyle and I and Jantsen is asleep and all we have to do is take care of kambryn...but hey good luck with that! haha. And all your cute little posts lately are so fun to read! I love your blog. just thought I would let you know!

kiki comin said...

you are a brave woman! and you survived with grace.

taylor and laney said...

sign me up for the picnic!