Friday, March 21, 2008

Surprise!

So here's the story. Nate sent an email out to all the girls in our ward here in Columbus to invite them to a surprise birthday party for me at our house. A couple nights after he had sent the email, he went to work and I didn't want to go ALL the way downstairs to use the computer, so I flipped open his laptop and "the email" was staring me in the face.
I felt terrible! I decided there was no way I could "pretend" that I hadn't seen it, so when I talked to him that night I told him the sad news. I think he felt like all the wind had been let out of his sails. BUT, I have a good friend out here (Jennifer) who was born on March 20 and the same year as me and we decided to have a surprise party for HER! My friend Cara picked her up and Jennifer just thought they were headed to my house to celebrate my birthday. Cara called me as they were pulling in the driveway and when they arrived we yelled, "Surprise!!!" and started a night of cake and ice cream and talking. It turned out great. And by the way, Nate decorated the cakes and the house. He did such a fabulous job serving everyone and making the whole night happen.







8 comments:

Tina said...

What a great husband!!
They go to such great lengths to surprise us with things and we have to go and ruin it don't we?! I've had some similar experiences.
I'm glad you had fun!!
Happy Birthday!!!
The cakes look so yummy!

Shane's Angie said...

The cakes look delectable! Way to go Nate, you pulled off a party for two women in one night! Happy Birthday J, I love ya!

taylor and laney said...

happy birthday jess. you look beautiful.

The Nye's said...

I'm so glad you got to celebrate with lots of friends!! Nate, you are such a good man! We sure miss you all!

kiki comin said...

what a fun night! nate, it was such a great idea!

megandjon said...

nate, those cakes really are great! you are such a steve the second!

happy birthday jess! i knew it was this week and then i got all sick and totally spaced everything important this week. blech.

Kami said...

You are a little freaker! I love that you found out about your surprise party, poor Nate. I hope you had a lovely birthday. Youre really getting old now, oh man!

Sarah Lunt said...

I'm soooo sorry I missed it! It looks like a lot of fun. Happy be-lated birthday!
Luv,
Sarah