Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The Tree...Part 2

Behold the tree. Those first few days we had it I was really worried it was going to fall on Jansen when I wasn't watching. Trust me to worry about something like that. Hey, weirder stuff has happened.

Natalie is in awe of all this Christmas fun. Just look at her face!

Our little decorator

Here's the mostly decorated tree. We dried oranges again (we did that last time we had a real tree) so that's what those orange circles are. The snowman to the right is guarding the tree and if anyone gets too close or tries to steal an ornament he promptly pokes your eye out with his stick arms.

This is the best picture though. This is the "real" feeling of a Christmas tree. You know, when all the other lights are out and it's just the soft glow of the lights on the tree? I love it. If I'm feeling down I just go turn on the tree. Works every time! Although Natalie is doing fairly well at night so I don't have to do this, I remember pacing the house with Jansen at night around Christmas and being so grateful for the Christmas tree to brighten my 3 am spirits!

8 comments:

taylor and laney said...

that pciture of natalie is really cute. and the snowman guardian, I am laughing out loud. Do you tell Jansen that to keep him away from it? I am glad to know you leave your tree lights on at night.

Annie said...

It looks so pretty! I am excited to see your real tree with dried oranges on it-I'm impressed!

kiki comin said...

i still cannot believe how big it is! watch out, or jansen will be afraid of snowmen for life!(i might be if my mom told me that story!)

megandjon said...

i totally agree with you about the dark room and the tree lights. for years when i was an older kid/young teenager i had a personal tradition of sneaking back down on christmas eve after the parent's had gone to bed and turning on the lights in the dark room and just sort of savoring the feeling all to myself. i would also take the moment to pray. silly huh?

Anonymous said...

so, now that you had lasik you can't look at the tree without your contacts on...ha ha, i can. i love natalie's face in the picture and the one of jansen looking at the tree. christmas is all about little kids. so glad i get a chance to come out and see a little of the magic myself! see you in 2 weeks! love, mom.

megandjon said...

oh, and p.s. maybe the parents could use one of those snowmen guardians thingies, to keep the kitty away from the ornaments!

Anonymous said...

It's hard to tell from the pictures, but the tree was a full TEN FEET tall when I brought it home, which is exactly how high our ceiling is. We had to saw about 5" off the trunk and 4" off the tippy top to get it to a good size!

Kara said...

Ha, ha...ha, ha! Now I get Kiki's snowman comment - I promise I do read your blog!